Check the list below to find answers to some frequently asked questions
- Q: I have turned up the microphone level, so why don’t I hear anything?
A: The level of the microphone input is adjusted by your computers audio interface. The microphone input slider in SP only determines how much of your microphone level that is routed through to the headphones.
- Q: I have no sound from my microphone on my Mac computer, why?
A: Some Mac computers don’t have a microphone preamplifier. You’ll need an outboard amplifier or a usb soundcard with mic input. Apple recommends the Imic.
- Q: What means “unsync” score?
A: The score is following the position of the player. If you choose to unsync the score will not scroll.
- Q: Why must I sometimes redownload a work?
A: Sometimes after udpdating the program, you will for technical reasons have to redownload a work. Also when logging in other computers you must redownload. See next Q.
- Q: Can Symphonic Playground be used on multiple machines?
A: Yes, you can log in to Symphonic Playground everywhere. But you’ll need to redownload your works again from the library first time you will play them. Your own recordings will only be on the computer, where you recorded.
- Q: Why do I need to install open AL on my Windows computer?
A: Open AL is a third party program that enables your windows computer to route the audio input directly to the headphones. Without OpenAL you will not be able to record.
- Q: The metronome is not active, why?
A: The metronome is normally only active for works that have been recorded to a clicktrack.
- Q: When I am not online – can I still use Symphonic Playground?
No, you need to be online to use Symphonic Playground.
- Q: How do I add a picture to my profile?
A: When you connect to Facebook, you might allow Symphonic Playground to use your FB profile picture.
- Q: I am not on Facebook; can I still be a member of the community?
A: Yes, but you will miss some of the advantages of the link to Facebook. You will miss the profilepicture, and you will not be able to share your work with your Facebookfriends.
- Q: Can I use Symphonic Playground on my phone or on my tablet?
A: No, not for now, but we are working on it.
- Q: I would like to produce my own pieces for Symphonic Playground, is that possible?
A: Not for now, but very soon you will be able to do your own Symphonic Playground works.
- Q: Does the application support shortcuts?
A: Yes, it does:
|go to start
|go to in
|go to out
|go to bar number